Getting the best out of your service
You get your engine serviced regularly, then why not your automatic transmission? Given the complexity of transmissions and the potential cost of repair once it is damaged, it makes good financial sense to uncover any possible problems before they make themselves known to you.
It is even more important if you travel long distances annually or if you haul/tow loads – and especially if you drive your vehicle hard. Regular servicing extends the life of your automatic transmission and saves you time and money.
A well looked after auto transmission can last more than 200,000km but one not checked and serviced may fail even sooner than 100,000. We recommend that you service your automatic transmission every 12 months or 20,000kms. If it’s well looked after, your automatic transmission can last well in excess of 200,000km.
Our Transmission service includes:-
- Drain transmission fluid
- Remove and clean the oil pan
- Inspect the fluid condition, evidence of metal or clutch lining material in pan and any evidence of sludge
- Full transmission flush if needed*
- Remove, clean and replace the filter
- Check and adjust the bands and controls (where applicable)
- Refit the pan, using a new gasket
- Fill the transmission to the recommended level with new transmission fluid of the correct type
- Check for leaks and wear on seals and hoses
- Test to check working of serviced auto transmission.
(*A transmission flush is required when there are signs of above average wear or seriously dirty transmission fluid. Draining the fluid alone won’t remove all the old fluid from tight spaces and the residue will very quickly contaminate new fluid. To flush out all old, dirty fluid, the cooling pipe between the transmission and the radiator is usually uncoupled and the transmission filled while the engine is running. This forces the fluid through the transmission, and torque convertor flushing out the fouled remains resulting in a clean and longer lasting transmission.)